Faculty Vacancy Details [back]
|Academic/Administrative Unit: School of Medicine|
|Department: All-TBA||Date Posted: 8/6/2013|
|Rank: Professor||Hire Date: 1/1/2014|
|Title: Director, Pauley Heart Center||Position Number: F35570|
|Deadline: Open until Filled||Type of Search: National|
|Description: Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine seeks an accomplished physician-investigator in the field of cardiovascular medicine to direct the Pauley Heart Center. This position reports to the Dean of the School of Medicine. The Director provides strategic and operational leadership of this multi-disciplinary matrix organization engaging the departments of Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Radiology, and Surgery, plus basic science departments including Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology and Biophysics, as well as other Schools within the University, particularly the School of Engineering.|
The major responsibilities of this position are to:
* Develop and implement a strategic plan to expand basic and clinical research activity.
* Lead recruitment efforts for research-focused faculty.
* Manage the Pauley Heart Center support staff and laboratory space.
* Oversee financial management for the Center, including the Pauley Heart Center Endowment.
* Create a vision and interdisciplinary strategy, and act as a catalyst to advance clinical care in cardiovascular medicine in consultation with the chairs of cardiology, cardio-thoracic surgery, vascular surgery, interventional radiology, clinical department chairs, and other relevant clinical faculty leaders.
* Promote community relationships and serve as the primary spokesperson for the Pauley Heart Center.
* Participate in program marketing.
* Lead Center development (philanthropic) initiatives.
|Qualifications: * Doctorate in Medicine|
* Eligible for tenured appointment at the rank of Professor
* Board-certification in a relevant medical discipline
* Unrestricted state medical license to practice medicine
* Distinguished record of academic achievement and academic leadership
* Established scholarly portfolio with external funding appropriate to complement and expand existing research programs
* Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
|Application Process: To apply, please submit a cover memo and curriculum vitae electronically to Dr Gordon Archer, Senior Associate Dean for Research and Research Training, email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.|
|For Additional Information: Jean Baumgartner Phone:804-628-2353 Fax:804-628-9978|