Faculty Vacancy Details [back]
|Academic/Administrative Unit: Student Affairs|
|Department: University Student Commons and Activities||Date Posted: 11/19/2013|
|Rank: Instructor||Hire Date: 5/10/2014|
|Title: Coordinator for Student Programming||Position Number: FA1930|
|Deadline: Open until Filled||Type of Search: National|
|Description: The Coordinator for Student Programming is a member of the Co-Curricular Involvement team and is responsible for the advisement and implementation of all education, training, services and programs for the programming organizations at Virginia Commonwealth University. This position encompasses a wide variety of educational, administrative, advisory, and supervisory duties in the areas of program and event planning and implementation, policy and procedure enforcement, leadership development, student organization advising, and supervision of graduate and student employees. The Coordinator also serves as a consultant and advises organizations to ensure programmatic success and participant safety and facility security in compliance with University policies, state and federal laws.|
- Master's degree, preferably in student personnel, higher education, recreation or related field
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience working with student student programming, or a related field in student affairs/higher education.
- Knowledge of student involvement/student organization management software is desired.
- Knowledge of student programming models and experience with planning campus wide events is desired.
- Knowledge of student development and leadership theory, and its application to program planning is desired.
|Application Process: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to: Coordinator for Student Organizations and Programming Search Committee, University Student Commons and Activities, Virginia Commonwealth University, Box 842032,Richmond, VA 23284-2032, Attention: Niya Flemmings (materials may also be submitted electronically to Niya Flemmings at email@example.com). Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.|
|For Additional Information: Jeremy Schenk Phone:804-828-6500 Fax:(804)828-6182 Web:http://www.usca.vcu.edu/|